Procurement Manager - Broader Public Sector
|Broader Public Sector||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Thursday, January 20, 2022|
Our well-established government agency located downtown Toronto is seeking a Procurement Manager to join their growing team! This is an permanent position that offers excellent compensation package including vacations, 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, RSP matching program and reimbursement for learning and development opportunities. It is conveniently located in Downtown Toronto, steps away from Union Station and reports to Director, Procurement. This is a hybrid role, working onsite 2 days a week.
This is an individual contributor role, managing project oriented procurement, consisting of multi-year consultant and construction contracts of significant value. If you are an experience Procurement professional who get excited about innovative projects that achieve design excellence, this is the opportunity for you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the full cycle procurement for complex, high value, construction projects
- Offer advice and expertise regarding procurement process and documents to project managers, internal staff, various levels of management and external consultants
- Lead and manage evaluation process
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Analyze organization's partners' procurement policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance and industry best practices
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience managing full cycle procurement for large, complex projects
- Ideally 5+ years of related procurement experience
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation and writing skills with strong mathematical skills
- Comfortable speaking with senior management confidently and not afraid to voice their thoughts
- Thorough understanding of legal aspects of contracts
- Strong ability to build rapport and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; internal and external
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks