|Energy & Utilities||Network and Systems Infrastructure|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 1, 2021|
Our Toronto based municipal government client in the utility and energy sector is looking for a Middleware Administrator who will join their team on a 1-year contract basis. The work will be done remotely until further notice.
This is a “hands on” Middleware Administration role to support project work and ongoing business operations, not a development role. We’re looking for a Middleware “generalist”…willing to learn new technologies and support broad range of Middleware applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute planned upgrades, enhancements, and maintenance of Business Objects BI platform
- servers and other MW technologies
- Manage Business Objects security, perform deployment of reports and report scheduling
- Promote code and backup support to ETL environments
- System administration and configuration tasks for implementations and support of various integration
- Monitoring, managing and tuning Middleware technologies
- Troubleshoot (diagnose & resolve) production issues
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years – Administration, problem determination & resolving middleware technical support issues
- Working experience building, deploying and administrating the following technologies:
- o SAP Business Objects BI (Business Intelligence) 4.2 and higher
- o SAP Business Objects DS (Data Services) 4.2 and higher
- o MOVEit Central
- HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Experience working with ETL tools using data warehousing solutions
- Deploying applications and administrating Oracle’s WebLogic Application server
- Administrating and Configuring Oracle BI Publisher
- Deploying and administrating MS SharePoint
- Experience and demonstrated excellent technical writing skills for documenting operational guides
- and Build books
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (especially Dynatrace or Compuware)
- Experience with performance tuning middleware systems
- Deploying and administrating Websphere applications
- Experience in building, deploying and administrating JBoss ESB solutions
- Experience in administrating version control tools (PVCS, SVN or CVS)
- Familiarity with Java development and technologies such as JSPs and Servlets
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts
- A good understanding of network principles such as load balancing, firewalls etc.
- Experience in deploying SSL Certificates
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +