Health Equity Trainer
|Health Care & Science||Health Care|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, November 9, 2021|
Our healthcare client, is seeking a health equity trainer for a permanent full-time position. The ideal candidate will have experience building capacity and training. They will be responsible for providing leadership, coaching and collaborative approaches to apply health equity content expertise and evidence-based tools and practices with internal staff, external organizations and stakeholders as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, coaching and collaborative approaches to apply health equity content expertise and evidence-based tools and practices with internal staff, external organizations and stakeholders.
- Operationalize project deliverables and outcomes, communications and outreach, and maintain relationships with the committees across and the Office of Health Equity.
- Ensure content for training is relevant and current concerning health equity, diversity and inclusion practices.
- Support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable standards and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in mental health and substance use services or systems.
- Master’s degree in health sciences, social work, diversity, equity studies, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Extensive content expertise in health equity and engagement and experience coaching/training and facilitating others in this content area in a health system or point of care setting. Specifically, the successful candidate will have experience developing and delivering face-to-face and virtual training and capacity building—preferably direct experience or formal training in adult education, teaching and curriculum development.
- Experience creating health equity content and curriculum for diverse audiences, the candidate will have a proven track record of engaging others in open, meaningful and productive dialogue about health equity.
- Experience in a clinical setting is also an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Master's Degree
If you are interested, please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +