Proposal Writer ~ IT Staffing
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, November 29, 2021|
excelITR is seeking a Proposal Writer for our internal IT Services Staffing Division. Your main goal in this role will be to showcase the experience and abilities of our qualified candidates in clear and effective responses to Requests for Proposals. This will occasionally require powers of deduction, along with a bit of detective work, as you gain a clear understanding of each opportunity and work together with our recruiters to propose the winning candidate. Previous experience writing bids for the Federal Government and/or for IT Staffing is considered a strong asset. This is a wonderful opportunity for graduates in Journalism or Technical Writing and a passion for writing.
This role will rely on your resourcefulness, your writing ability, your time management skills and your attention to detail. It will call on your superb interviewing skills to gather all required information from our candidates in order to effectively demonstrate their compliance to the bid requirements. You will treat each proposal like a separate project, with due dates and a deadline. You need to be able to organize your time efficiently, as you manage multiple amendments on multiple bids, simultaneously.
This position requires strong problem-solving abilities as well as a commitment to Altis/Excel’s Standard of Excellence for proposals. It’s important that as a member of our team you bring your “A-game” every day with a growth mindset, operating ethically and consultatively, while contributing to our Company Culture and to the community at large.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gaining an understanding of each opportunity by thoroughly reading the RFP and flagging any concerns with questions that the Account Manager can direct to the client for clarification
- Working in collaboration with Recruiters and Account Managers to find compliant candidates
- Communicating with candidates via telephone and email to gain a deeper understanding of their relevant experience for the role
- Writing an effective response to the RFP that is clear, concise and compliant with the requirements
- Operating our automated “grid tool” system to highlight specific portions of the candidate resume in response to RFP requirements
- Performing a thorough Quality Assurance (QA) process to ensure the final proposal submission is in line with our established style and level of quality
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in writing/communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are a driven professional who is self-motivated for achieving and exceeding personal and team goals
- You are a team player who is committed to long-term learning and development opportunities
- Previous proposal writing, grant writing, or technical writing experience considered a strong asset
- Previous staffing industry experience considered a strong asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +