Electrical Estimator (P3 experience needed)
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 29, 2021|
We are looking for a Electrical Estimator. The candidate would be responsible for the accurate, timely preparation and documentation of cost estimates and execution plan for the construction of projects. The Electrical Estimator computes cost estimates of raw materials, purchased or leased equipment and labour required in the bid tendering process.
The successful candidate will have previous experience with P3 projects***
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic and competitive plan for each tender.
- Participation and understanding of both design/build and build to spec contracts
- Interprets project drawings and specifications, analyzes drawings, specifications, proposals and other documentation.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, designbuild or general tender work, up to any size and complexity.
- Responsible for accurate take-off of quantities from project drawings and specifications
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications; without supervision, including project closings.
- Costs out potential scope of work changes and bid to construction reviews.
- Participate in tender closings i.e.; review of documents, compile proposal information, participate in closing meetings.
- Attend to customer follow-up of proposals.
- Address any addendum’s, change orders etc. relating to tender documentation.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements & prepares itemized lists.
- Perform high volume of price change notices.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or
- subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and sub-trades and negotiate with them as necessary to obtain most competitive and profitable prices.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Any and all other duties as assigned to meet Company objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- P3 project experience is a MUST.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, with a minimum of five (5) years estimating experience in the Electrical Contracting industry, and practical knowledge of field requirements and restrictions; OR
- Electrician’s License with a minimum of five years estimating experience and/or training;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience; and successful completion of estimating program in post-secondary education environment
- Estimating program in post-secondary education environment
- Prior experience with Accubid is a requirement
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- High level of organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Effectively communicate both verbal and in writing
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Please send all resumes to Melanie Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.