Manager, Accounting Operations - Join a Crown Corporation!
|Transportation & Logistics||Finance & Accounting|
|See Description||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
Our client, a Crown Corporation based in Ottawa, is currently seeking a Manager, Accounting Operations to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step in their career and lead a team of over 10 accounting professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the organizations day to day accounting functions.
- Accountable for all policies, processes, controls, systems and activities as they pertain to accounting operations.
- Provide leadership to the operations team and identify and implement process improvements and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of CPA designation
- Minimum of 5 years of post-professional accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading teams
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures specific to accounting operations
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Ability to analyze and problem solve and propose well thought out solutions
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, directives, guidelines applicable to Crown corporations
- Understanding of how the federal government works and the role of central agencies
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
The successful applicant must be bilingual, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. To be immediately considered for this exciting opportunity, apply today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +