Accounting and Payroll Associate - Join a dynamic Not-for-Profit!
|Agriculture||Finance & Accounting|
|English 100%, French 90%||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 22, 2021|
Our client, a Not-for-Profit leader in the Agricultural sector, is looking to hire an Accounting and Payroll Associate on a full time bases for a permanent vacancy. This role is 100% on site at their offices in Ottawa, ON.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring invoices are processed in an efficient and timely manner;
- Print invoices from e-mail;
- Insert appropriate vendor number and General Ledger code onto invoices;
- Create vendor profile for new suppliers;
- Enter invoices into system with correct vendor name, date, amount, invoice number, and general ledger coding;
- Enter new supplier information into system as required;
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data;
- Ensure payment terms are respected as well as payment type (check, EFT, etc.); and
- Act as main point of contact with suppliers.
- Process Expense reports
- Process cheque run and EFT
- Process payroll for approximately 85-100 employees both hourly, salary and temporary
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements;
- Process payroll for employees (and Board members) in the organization;
- Reconciling payroll sub-ledger to the general ledger
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of college or other related courses in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll Administration or other related field;
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting and/or payroll capacity;
- Payroll Association Certification is considered an asset;
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken
- Bilingual (French and English)
Don't delay, apply today! This is a really great opportunity with a fantastic overall package!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +