Warranty Technician Residential
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 15, 2021|
We are currently seeking a Warranty Technician for our client in Ottawa , a well established construction company focused on residential properties. This is a permanent full time position and offers a fantastic salary, bonus structure and great benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Customer Service – Field Work
- Attend all pre-qualifying visits with homeowners 2-3 weeks prior to trade dates to inspect, clarify and/or complete any warranty repairs
- Attend all possession days with the Finishing Foreman to address repairs and introduce the homeowners to the Tarion program
- Enter items and work orders into Punchlist and close-out once complete
- Respond within 24 hours to all homeowner enquiries and deal with problems/ concerns appropriately
- Complete all minor repairs/adjustments outlined on the “Supervisor Inspection and Homeowner Orientation” sheet from the Construction Site Supervisor, and examine workmanship to ensure it is quality standards and conforms with Tarion Workmanship and Material Guidelines
- Schedule and oversee the completion of all warranty work by sub-contractors for the possession trade day, if required, as well as at the 3 and 11-month trade dates
- Show Homes
- Responsible for all regular warranty maintenance of show homes
- All Warranty Technicians are responsible to follow-up bi-monthly on the show home(s) in their assigned areas
- Formalized quarterly inspections to be conducted by the Warranty Technician. Any outstanding warranty issues to be completed by the appropriate sub-trade and/or Warranty Technician.
- Follow and maintain all warranty trade date procedures by handing in inspection sheets, completed work orders and other relevant information in a timely manner
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable regarding customer warranty requirements outlined in the Tarion Warranty Manual
- Be familiar with and aware of construction site circumstances and/or hazards of operating machinery which may be dangerous
- Review all invoices generated from individual work orders for accuracy and coding purposes
- Work with Project Managers to Conduct Quality Control checks on all homeowner homes prior to Prewalk
- Work with Warranty Manager to Conduct Quality Control checks on all homeowner homes prior to Prewalk
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an Warranty hands on role
- Strong knowledge of new home construction is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of Tarion warranty program, guidelines, processes, and procedures is preferred
Please apply directly to nisha@altisrecruitment for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.