Disability Case Manager Remote Work
|Health Care & Science||Health Care|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 15, 2021|
Our client is looking for a Temp Full-Time Employee Health Services Coordinator to join our dynamic Employee Health Services team. The work of an Employee Health Services Coordinator is integral part of the team acting as an advisor and coordinator to management, People, Culture and Performance and individual employees in sites, departments, regions, program areas, and external clients on employee health, disability and attendance case management, EAP, medical surveillance, national wellness programs and first aid.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess, analyze, and evaluate case information to determine fitness to work and accommodation needs by following a systematic, goal-oriented approach.
- Demonstrate effective team meeting leadership skills by collaborating with external providers and internal providers such as Human Resources, Supervisors, Managers, Health and Safety Coordinators, and Ergonomists to facilitate successful return to work or work modification.
- Participate in a consulting, advisory capacity to provide professional judgment and knowledge to recommend appropriate accommodation when necessary and identify and solve return to work barriers.
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive wellness program with organizational participation to recognize and support both individual employee health and the organizational environment by workplace health interventions.
- Support a comprehensive attendance management program by participating in early intervention to provide expert advice, guidance, and attendance support to recommend whether a health condition supports ongoing absences or if accommodation through modified work/hours is appropriate.
- Coordinate and monitor the medical surveillance program by identifying possible health hazards and appropriate recommendations to ensure occupational health and compliance with legislative requirements or with best practices in disease prevention.
- Performs other related duties and projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Job Title: Employee Health Services Coordinator - Remote
- Employment status: 3 months with the possibility of extension
- 100% Remote work
- Full time – 37.5 hours
- Start date: ASAP
- You possess a growth mindset and meet every challenge with curiosity and kindness.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in disability case management, attendance. management, wellness programs and Employee Assistance programs.
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights, or privacy as it impacts on employee health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive, track status of cases, advance targets, and deadlines.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills combined with excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to make oral presentations to staff within the organization.
- Strong communication skills in English are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all work-related contacts in a professional courteous and consistent manner particularly in sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to work efficiently with various software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is desirable.
- Designation as an Occupational Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or Physiotherapist/Ergonomist is an asset.
- A certificate in disability management from a recognized educational institution is required.
- At least five years of experience in case management with significant experience in disability management, including mental health claims, is required.
- A valid certificate in First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +