Pension Administrator - Calgary
|Financial Services||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, September 12, 2022|
Our client is seeking an experienced pension, benefits, or payroll candidate to join their growing team in their Calgary office! Our client is one of Canada’s largest independent providers of benefits administration with over 30 years of experience. This is a great opportunity to join an established and growing company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare termination statements and retirement application packages (including tax, direct deposit, and declaration of pension partner forms).
- Calculate, peer review, and authorize benefit entitlements on retirement, termination, death, and relationship breakdown.
- Assist with annual projects (audits, annual statements, proof of life correspondence).
- Maintain member records, including conducting regular searches for missing members.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to calculations or data discrepancies in pension system and portal.
- Assist with the preparation of data for actuarial valuations
- Process (deposit, record, and balance) employer contributions, adjustments, and reciprocal payments.
- Prepare accounts receivable/delinquent employer correspondence and conduct follow-up communication.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies reporting issues, as required.
- Prepare and circulate quarterly administrative reports.
- Other administrative duties as required from time to time.
- Support the Unit Head with special projects, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong financial acumen and an understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel, in particular)
- Exceptionally strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Client service oriented with a positive attitude and the ability to de-escalate stressful situations.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in highly collaborative team environments.
- Experience working in unionized environment is an asset.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (“CEBS”) designation is a plus.
Our client offers a competitive vacation and benefits package!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week