Digitization Assistant GOVERNMENT!
|Federal Government||Administration & Clerical|
|See Description||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Please select||Thursday, October 28, 2021|
Our government client is hiring an additional 7 Digitization Assistants for a long term contract. The contract is until January 20, 2022 with the high possibility of renewal for another year. However, it will start on an 11 week probationary period. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm. While there is no parking available, it is bus accessible. Location is in Gloucester.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Physically preparing official records for digitization from official files
- Physically separating records digitization
- Physically preparing paper documents for digitization, removing staples, binding and removing paperclips
- Identify different records for digitization and remove those that will not be digitized
- Identify records with a document barcode separator
- Capturing the authenticity of the records
- Perform quality control of the document and ensure any obstructing objects are removed
- Perform quality assurance of the metadata captured to verify data entry standards and ensure the barcode accuracy
- Report any issues or problems immediately
- A minimum of 1.5 boxes per day of document preparation will need to be maintained
- An error rate of only 2% will be accepted
- Safely handling or lifting files and boxes up to 20 lbs
- Moving carts of files or boxes up to 75 lbs
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Secret security clearance (must be within the last 5 years)
- Secondary school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous experience in the service industry that are client focused, fast paced and a high pressure working environment.
- Minimum of 3 months of experience in general office clerical tasks handling physical documents such as photocopying, faxing, and scanning document documents, filing documents
- Must be comfortable lifting boxes up to 20 lbs
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: High School Diploma
This is a great long term opportunity with stable working hours. Apply today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.