Financial Analyst FP&A
|Retail||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 16, 2021|
Our finance and accounting team is partnering with a top Canadian employer to hire a Financial Analyst, FP&A. Our client offers a very competitive total compensation package, including profit sharing and a strong opportunity to grow and develop in the organization. Our client often promotes from within and looks to hire candidates who are ambitious and wanting to grow in the company.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of progressive finance experience with strong experience in forecasting, budgeting and analysis. We are looking for someone who has experience with preparing budgets, forecasting, variance analysis, and ad hoc reporting. It's critical for this role to have advanced Excel skills and have exceptional communication skills to present to senior leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate and timely budgets and forecasts, monitoring results versus budget/ forecast, and providing a thorough analysis and investigating variances while identifying risks and opportunities.
- The successful individual must be able to analyze and interpret data to draw out insights and drive better business decisions
- Annual business plan preparation, designing branch models, establishing methods and procedures for consolidation of P&L information and identification of risk and opportunities
- Creates and maintains reports as required to meet the reporting needs identified by the finance organization and leadership team
- Provide support to the operating business units in formulating and implementing processes and reporting models required to meet divisional requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Actively pursuing or have obtained an accounting designation (CPA)
- University degree or College diploma in Business, Finance/Accounting, or business related discipline
- 1-2+ years of experience working as an analyst, ideally some recent experience in FP&A
- Experience with building and improving financial models
- Tech Savvy, advanced Excel and large ERP experience.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
If you are interested and qualified, please apply online today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +