Supervisor, In Home Services - healthcare
|Health Care & Science||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, December 3, 2021|
Our client provides social services and health services to older adults in the community.
The organization is accredited with exemplary status through Accreditation Canada and is an essential member of the Northwest Toronto Ontario Health Team.
The location is North York and clients are in the GTA.
Enjoy 3 weeks holidays, 8 personal days, pension matching and full benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads a team of Personal Support Workers, contracted staff and students in the delivery of in-home care to the elderly across the range of MAPLe scores
- In partnership with Care Navigators, participates in creating and assessing service plans, and in ensuring that PSWs deliver the highest quality of in-home health services within the PSW scope of practice. The Supervisor, In Home Services confirms compliance to the LHIN and Accreditation Canada Home and Community Care standards, and to the NWT OHT requirements.
- Embraces the standards outlined in the Best Practice Standards Organization (BPSO) procedures outlined by the RNAO and renders those standards into measurable outcomes and behaviours for PSWs.
- Oversees the day-to-day work of in-home services, including client intake, discharges; as well as staff scheduling and administration. Ensures high quality documentation and client record custody.
- Aids in the implementation procedures to support best practices as well as the delivery of safe, effective, and quality services.
- Cooperates with partners, represents the agency externally at planning consultations.
- Support the ongoing creation of a culture of safety, superiority in quality care and risk management by implementing the incorporation of a strategy framework of ongoing quality improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least of two years’ experience within the community support service sector or health care environment, working with an elderly population.
- Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience of unregulated staff preferred.
- Have a Health-related bachelor’s degree, ideally in Nursing, or equivalent combination of education in a professional regulated field, and experience; cultural aptitude training is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of the aging process, dementia and the specific needs of the elderly, disabled and caregivers required.
- Understand in-home health care issues, and understanding of the Assisted Living Services for High-Risk Seniors Policy.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Excellent communication and relational skills.
- Proficient software skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Having an understanding of CIMS and the RAI-CHA is a plus.
- Allied Health Professional (Registered Practical Nurse and/or Social Service Worker Diploma) is preferred. Diploma in a relevant discipline within the associated fields required.
- A Valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of a personal a car is required.
- Valid Vulnerable Police Record Check done within last 12 months is needed
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Please call Barb today at 647-577-0775 and apply today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.