Power BI Reporting Analyst (Remote)
|Broader Public Sector||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, October 13, 2021|
Our Government Agency is looking for a Senior Reporting Analyst (Power BI) for a 3-month contract with high potential to extend. The Senior Reporting Analyst will utilize their advanced skills in Power BI, Excel and SQL and will work on Performance and Management reporting and KPI's for projects in Procurement and Construction department to meet the performance measurement and other reporting needs.
This is a 100% remote opportunity and the successful candidate should ideally have their own equipment with capability for online meetings with camera.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop end-to-end reporting resolutions through the business intelligence platform to meet the organization’s reporting needs and support the strategic plan
- Manage the system performance and optimization activities of the business intelligence platform
- Prepare and publish project-specific monthly reporting templates and coordinate report submissions from business units. Track and follow up on late submissions
- Prepare and maintain project reports repository in electronic formats ensuring version control measures are in place
- Deliver scalable data and reporting solutions by presenting raw data into actionable insights
- Review and analyze information and highlight variances/risks with the Project teams
- Develop documentation representing the user experience including use cases, user stories, wireframes, user interface prototypes / mock-ups and related artefacts in coordination with business users and other stakeholders.
- Support and facilitate the regular exchange of innovative reporting ideas among the Corporate Reporting Group, including being a primary resource for the inputting and entering of data/information into mock versions as required to support the innovative reporting method and system development
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in Corporate Reporting including operational performance monitoring, asset information systems, financial systems and other operational systems
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or Information Systems, or a related discipline, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Knowledge of business intelligence application development concepts and best practices; knowledge of business intelligence security best practices
- Must have advanced knowledge of Power BI
- Excellent experience of Excel including pivot table, VLookup
- Excellent SQL knowledge, moving beyond basic SELECT statements to write and debug complex queries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate data and present data that drive improvements
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +