Senior Instructional Designer
|Energy & Utilities||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, November 18, 2021|
Our client, a leading crown corporation in Ontario, is looking for a Senior Instructional Design to join their team for a 2-year term. The ideal candidate will have experience documenting new processes, creating new operating instructions, performing front-end analysis of learning needs, designing and developing comprehensive learning programs and products utilizing various delivery media to facilitate learning.
The individual will be working closely with Engineering subject matter experts to develop process documentation and training materials.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide design strategy to include rational, assumptions, expected outcomes, delivery and implementation.
- Perform subject matter research.
- Develop programs and products in various media to facilitate learning and ensure a high quality user experience throughout the learner experience.
- Interact with knowledgeable and functional personnel to solicit professional and practical views and suggestions for inclusions in course materials.
- Integrate content of information received from functional areas and Subject Matter Experts into learning materials.
- Prepare and update training materials and other training assignments for various training courses and products.
- Obtain feedback from trainees to enhance and improve the learner experience.
- Design program evaluation methodologies based on accepted evaluation strategy.
- Work with vendors to design and deliver learning aids.
- Perform other duties as may be required
Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience within a similar role
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of, adult education principles and training technology methods, and technical writing for the development and implementation of training programs and products.
- Demonstrated experience in developing educational media and courses.
- Strong writing skills.
- Requires working experience with highly technical subject matter.
If you are interested, please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.