HR Manager - Labour Relations Specialist
|Permanent||From: $60,000.00 To: $80,000.00|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 2, 2021|
Our Registered Charity client in Toronto, ON is currently seeking an HR Manager to join their team! This full-time, 1 Year Contract opportunity is primarily remote at this time. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar role, with a focus on Labour Relations (collective bargaining, grievances, etc.) in a unionized environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advising management on labour/employee relations in following the Collective Agreement, agency policies, and/or legislation
- Responding to HR-related requests, inquiries, and concerns from front-line staff and management
- Reviewing and revising HR policies and assisting with policy development as needed
- Managing leaves of absences with support from the HR Administrator
- Accepting accommodation requests and facilitating the accommodation process, including bringing recommendations to the Executive Management Team
- Liaising with the Union regarding various matters as needed and attending Union-Management meetings
- Participating in the grievance process, including drafting responses to the Union
- Assisting with Bargaining preparations, including research
- Participating in HR projects and implementing HR initiatives agency-wide
- Supporting payroll processing as needed
- Overseeing the work of the HR Administrator
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience within an HR department
- Similar working in a unionized environment handling Labour Relations
- Familiar with payroll and benefits systems
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.