Intern Architect (1 year Contract with a possibility of exstention)
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 29, 2021|
We are currently seeking a design oriented, intermediate level Intern Architect with 5+ years of experience to contribute as a vital team member for one of our Architectural clients in GTA.
Reporting to the Director, Design & Engineering, this position works under the personal supervision
and direction of the Project Architects. The Intern Architect (IA) provides project support to the
department’s Architects during all stages of a construction project from inception to completion
and may lead components of a project under the personal supervision and direction of the Project
Architect. This position is also responsible for site investigation, documentation, drawing
production and various other tasks to support all stages of the project. As well, this position will
contribute to the project design, preparation of presentation materials, coordination of the
documents with other disciplines and development of construction details. The IA assists the
architects with product research and liaising with suppliers as required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Producing technical documentation and CAD drawings for approval by the project Architect
- Preparing technical specifications to be issued for tendering
- Creating CAD drawings based on existing paper drawings and on-site measurements
- Analyzing and recommending revisions to technical drawings and documentation
- Checking the accuracy and compatibility of design elements
- Developing viable design solutions and artistic renderings
- Preparing concept plans, schematics, renderings, architectural work drawings and project
- proposal outline
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from a university program accredited by the Canadian
- Architectural Certification Board (CACB) and a member in good standing as an Intern
- Architect in the Internship in Architect Program (IAP) of the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Minimum five years of experience in a role responsible for drafting, drawing, production drawing coordination and contributing to all stages of a project from project inception to
- completion, including site investigation and analysis, design, design development, and contract document preparation in an architectural office.
- Experience in shop drawing review, site review, contract administration, office and field functions, and close-out document review.
- Experience on a variety of project types and sizes including offices (including meeting and
- conference facilities), institutional projects (classrooms, labs, libraries, etc.) and heritage properties, whether listed or designated.
- Experience developing designs for projects, synthesizing client’s needs into creative,
- technically sound and cost effective design solutions.
- Experience planning, executing and coordinating clear, well organized, high quality
- technical drawings and documentation using AutoCAD either independently or as part of a
- team; independently developing technical solutions and construction details using sound
- building science principles.
- experience analyzing the OBC, Standards, Regulations and Laws to ensure project
- M. Arch degree and/or registration with OAA
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
If interested, please hit "Apply now" or email a resume at email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks