Director Procurement - permanent
|Non-Profit||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, November 15, 2021|
Our client is increasing its expertise in contracting and buying practices, this is a unique chance to lead and cultivate a portfolio to create more value to the business. Working closely with the Vice-President, Public Affairs, the Director of Industry Practices and Procurement has overreaching accountability to deliver on the organization’s brand ability of securing business-friendly guidelines and fair & open procurement, through advocacy, tools, information and networking.
Proficient in procurement with a robust entrepreneurial nature, you will lead the development and execution of a strategic roadmap that will result in the progress of sales of contracts & sales, helpful policies to drive fair-minded procurement and novel services to assist members in the identification and acceptance of project delivery best practices. This includes direct oversight of two employees, and a crew of three.
A team player, digital savvy and cooperative leader, you will work with team mates from across Canada, owners, associates and other industry participants to gather insight and apply this vision to your portfolio. You are sought out for your can-do attitude and guidance. You are recognized for being able to achieve outcomes while fostering constructive relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the creation & execution of the strategic roadmap for procurement & project delivery best practices services offering
- Recognize, monitor, rank, and provide guidance, tools & resources on construction procurement and contracting matters and best practices including evolving delivery models, vendor appraisal, etc.
- Endorse, implement and track the collection of services against KPIs, including revenue, fulfilment, usage
- Endorse new opportunities founded on well thought out business cases or studies that reinforce the organization’s value proposition
- Guide the creation of the Best Practices Institute
- In partnership with the Public Affairs group, communicate with federal procurement and contracting divisions and agencies in the advocacy and creation of procurement best practices
- Lead the digitization of materials
- Guarantee alignment of strategies and priorities with assisting teams including communications, marketing, innovation, events and others as required
- Comprehend and respect procedures that ensure effectiveness and equality for the many initiatives ongoing
- Act as trainer and share information and expertise to help others in their achievements
- Align messages and services with global brand, communications and significances
- Manage the General Contractors National Advisory Meeting
- Acts as connection to the General Contractor
- Will be well-informed of GC member issues and implement on action items
- Maintain a culture that attracts, retains and inspires top quality staff
- Hire, train, evaluate, lead, support, create, promote and guide team members
- Deliver mentoring and coaching to attain individual and team accomplishments
- Prepare annual work plans and performance appraisals including training
- Lead the annual budget forecasting and planning for the team, contributing to the overall organizational strategy
- Create briefing resources, speaking notes, presentations and policy papers
- Provide backing to the President and the VP Public Affairs regarding outreach and advocacy activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law or Commerce, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of operations, manufacturing, pharmaceutical or construction project management employment
- Created and maintained a suite of business to business services
- Experience employed with an association or a non-profit is a plus
- Bilingualism in French and English is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Demonstrates precision and attention to detail
- Digitally aware
- Self-motivated and someone who demonstrates resourcefulness
- Big picture thinker who can translate ideas into convincing strategies & strategies
- Well-informed of data insight & data mining, marketing systems of measurement
- Able to create and preserve strong relationships
- Strong analytical abilities
- Solid team leader who can inspire and encourage team members
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Call Barb and send your resume today! 647-577-0775.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
Two weeks +