Controller Confidential Search
|Permanent||Up to: $130,000.00|
|Construction||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, October 1, 2021|
Our client is a full service general contracting construction company who is seeking a Controller to join their dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced accounting professional who enjoys being involved in the day to day corporate accounting duties as well as be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management for the company.
Our client offers an attractive benefits and compensation package. The company name will only be disclosed to candidates selected for an interview.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial operational functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, job cost accounting, and close-out processes
- Develop internal financial controls and guidelines
- Manage WIP reporting and General Ledger
- Oversee billing process
- Perform margin analysis on projects for improved cost management and increased profits
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development and the auditing of payroll and final process
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Manage accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Develop internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Month-end and year-end close process
Qualifications and Experience
- Canadian CPA designation is a must for this role.
- Experience with project accounting through industry experience in construction, manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- At least 5 years' experience working in a senior accounting position within construction or related industry
- Payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Please apply today! We thank all candidates who apply to this role, we will be in contact candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +