Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Permanent, Non-Profit
|Human Resources||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, December 3, 2021|
Our client is an industry leader in skilled trades. If you are a leader in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we have a great opportunity. You will enjoy a 37.5 hour work week, a comprehensive and generous salary and benefits plan and a collaborative, dynamic culture. This is a hybrid role, work from home and in the office. The location is in Ottawa or Toronto.
If you are experienced in the development and implementation of DEI Programs this is the role for you. The Manager of DEI Programs will have the chance to build on a solid foundation and support their industry in enticing, retaining, developing and inspiring a diverse and inclusive labour force.
A DEI thought leader with demonstrated experience creating and leading DEI strategies and programs, you will be responsible for creating and executing DEI strategy, initiatives and programs, including training and education to support members in the acceptance of DEI best practices, and in alignment with our client’s business strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the VP of Program Development the Program Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is responsible for assisting with and implementing DEI programming.
- Creates key performance indicators and metrics to measure, track, and study the impact and efficiency of DE&I programs, projects and initiatives. Provides regular reporting to the management team and organization. Evaluate and fine-tune based on results.
- Monitors and reports on diversity and inclusion matters and projects in Canada and internationally.
- Leads the project management of DEI initiatives and leads team members (project manager, project coordinators) to execute project plans
- Identifies initiatives and key stakeholders and maintains relationships with industry stakeholders who are interested in, and supportive of employing and retaining diverse groups.
- Collaborates closely with marketing and stakeholder engagement teams to achieve project goals.
- Participates in locating and securing new sources of funding for new initiatives and supports Requests for Proposals
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on the project financial progress, calculating and reporting cash and in-kind contributions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in a pertinent area of study, preferably with a focus on human rights, diversity, equity and inclusion or acceptable comparable blend of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of experience creating and managing DEI Programs
- Ability to travel across Canada once health conditions permit will be occasionally required
- Knowledge of Employment Equity regulations, diversity and inclusion best practices, challenges, and policies will be considered an asset
- Experience as a ‘front-of-the-room’ trainer and/or facilitator (in any previous role) is preferred
- Experience managing federally/provincially funded programs is a strong asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Please call Barb at 647-577-0775 for additional information.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.