Business Planning Strategist
|Professional Services||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, November 16, 2021|
Our client is seeking a Business Planning Specialist to advise senior leaders and their Corporate Planning team within a high-profile academic environment. The Business Planning Strategist will advise on strategic decision making, manage information for the desired objectives, assist in leading the client's annual planning process, and support in formulating long-term organizational goals with a variety of stakeholders.
The ideal incumbent will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated strategic planning experience (such as process mapping and/or financial modelling), and strong drive for actionable results.
This is a contract opportunity with flexibility for both remote and on-site work options and continuing until October 2022 (possibility of extension). The hours of work are to be performed from Monday-Friday, 9-5pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to measure and report
- Monitor key strategic milestones
- Oversee benchmarking initiatives and coordinate submissions with organizational objectives
- Attract and grow strategic talent with a focus on sustainability and leadership
- Determine and predict the impact of key market trends; integrate into strategy
- Lead the annual business planning cycle
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in business, commerce or a related field
- Experience in strategy formulation, change management and business planning
- Project management experience
- Experience with financial modelling and/or process mapping; ability to link strategies to financial goals
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PMP certification
- Master of Business Administration
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +