|Information Technology||Information Technology|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, September 23, 2021|
Our private sector client is presently looking for Systems Engineer. This is a 3-6 month contract starting ASAP with the ability to turn into a permanent opportunity. Our client is located in Toronto or Calgary and will have an 80/20 split for onsite to remote work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operational staff to troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents and/or service requests.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and manage virtual servers, and integrated automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Responsible for disaster recovery testing and restoration of critical services during DR events.
- Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain various Azure SaaS Cloud Services such as Azure AD, AIP, ATP, ASR, CAS, EM+S, Teams, Intune, AAD Connect, Exchange Online and O365.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with supporting open-source infrastructure, systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows), databases (MySQLv, Oracle).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows systems administration.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware and HyperV;
- Additional advanced certifications (i.e. Microsoft, VMWare, etc.).
- Experience with DNS and DHCP technologies.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with system performance monitoring & fine-tuning.
- Experience with back up technologies.
- Experience working with SAN/NAS storage environments.
- Experience in Oracle and MS SQL environments a plus
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks