Senior Project Manager High-Rise Construction
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, October 19, 2021|
Our client, a very reputable General Contractor in the city of Ottawa is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team on an immediate and permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of construction project management experience, ideally in high-rise, but will consider other specialties as well, and have completed 2 full cycle high rise projects. upwards of $25 million. This role offers full benefits and a very competitive salary. Reach out today to discuss this fantastic opportunity!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the construction project and ensure all quality assurance standards are met in a timely manner and within budget
- Negotiate any changes to the scope of work with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers and manage claims for extra costs incurred
- Manage project schedules and weekly progress plans
- Log daily site activities and ensure the site office and construction documents are organized
- Ensure that health and safety project plans are implemented
- Collaborate with the design team, and coordinate/review shop drawings
- Attend and run construction coordination meetings
- Manage and mentor the site team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management or Engineering preferred
- PMP designation or in progress is preferred
- Ability to multi task and manage a few large-scale projects at the same time
- Knowledge of design and the ability to read construction drawings (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical or landscape)
- Ability to budget and schedule using scheduling and project management software
- Lean six sigma certification an asset
- ideally 5+ years' experience with high-rise or multi-unit residential construction projects, cradle to grave
- 2 Full cycle high-rise construction projects completed as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager
If interested in this role please contact Liam at Liam@altisrecruitment.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.