|Broader Public Sector||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 14, 2021|
We are currently seeking a Compensation Specialist for our regulatory client located in Mississauga on a permanent basis.
In this position you will be supporting the research, development, implementation, and delivery of compensation programs that attract, motivate, retain, and engage employees. You will partner with other business units within HR and consult across the organization providing subject matter expertise to ensure the consistent application of compensation programs and policies.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of progressive compensation experience and experience in a union environment an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Play an integral role in supporting the compensation programs; annual merit increases, annual incentive plans, and long-term incentive plans.
- Acts as a key contributor to the development of creative Pay Structures.
- Helps analyze and design incentive plan programs across the globe to align employee interests with stakeholder interests.
- Collects, reviews, analyzes and reports (monthly and ad-hoc) on Human Resources data; provides commentary and gap analysis on trends.
- Assists in coordinating the annual compensation review cycle by preparing spreadsheets, consolidating data, and preparing materials for Board reports.
- Participates in and analyzes compensation market surveys, ensuring accuracy while meeting submission deadlines.
- Conducts job evaluations to ensure the compensation programs are internally equitable
- Uses HRIS and Compensation Administration systems to run queries, research issues, and present findings that help guide human capital planning
- Evaluates jobs and maintains the integrity of the job evaluation process and ensures consistent application of the plans
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in a compensation focused role
- University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- A professional designation in compensation (CEBS, CCP or equivalent) is preferred; the completion of CHRL designation would be considered an asset.
- A strong understanding of compensation principles, job evaluation tools and methodologies
- Strong analytical skills, willingness to learn and strong teamwork skills
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +