Site Superintendent (Commercial Renovations)
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, January 19, 2022|
Our client, who specializes in commercial retro fit / renovation projects, is actively seeking to hire a Site Superintendent to join their team! This is a full time, permanent position, that requires some travel.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in retail/restaurant renovation, have their own tools and be willing to act as a handyperson as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the construction project and operations on-site.
- Ensure that the quality of work and materials are upheld to the Upholding Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards.
- Monitor project and report progress, tracking and logging daily hours worked (manpower) on site.
- Organize and supervise the productivity and performance of employees on the job site (including trades, contractors, and site staff) required to construct the project in accordance with the contracts, plans and specifications.
- Liaise with government inspectors on the site standard requirements.
- Create, monitor and update project schedules, and ensure the schedule and look ahead schedules are followed, providing updates to the Project Manager and Senior Management as required.
- Ensure the budget is followed, working with the Project Manager in managing all Division 1 costs.
- Ensure that the health and safety plans and MOL requirements are implemented and followed.
- Meet and deliver presentation to the management and executive team as required.
- Ensure the site office and all related construction documents are organized and maintained to the highest standard.
- Use own tool to assist with renovation / be hands on.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in commercial / renovation construction.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Management preferred and/or equivalent.
- Proficient in reading construction working drawings including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and landscaping is an asset.
- Highly detail-oriented and driven to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- High standards for quality production and performance.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and be able to travel to various office locations as required.
- Must have own tools.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested and meet the required qualifications, please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks