Health and Safety Manager - Manufacture
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, November 10, 2021|
Our client is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team on a permanent basis for their Canadian owned and operated manufacture company and oversee a plan in West GTA area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation, execution and ongoing evaluation of all aspects of the health and safety programs
- Drive continuous improvement of, and ongoing development and evaluation of the Health and Safety Program through development of action plans based on review of incidents, risk, and employee feedback
- Act as an advocate for employee wellness and safety
- Ensure a safe work environment for all union and non union employees
- Monitor hazards and control risks in the workplace, establish and enhance safety programs, coordinate training
- Act as plant point of contact for Ministry of Labour, WSIB and other regulatory agencies
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Health and Safety Role in manufacture setting
- Understanding of the Occupation Health and Safety Act (OHSA), and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board System (WSIB)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a stand along position
- Superior organizational, written, presentation and verbal skills to be effective in facilitating meetings, building safety awareness through information campaigns, training and education.
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety related field
- Experience working in unionized environment
- Safety Designation: CRSP, CHSC or equivalent
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If this position interests you and you meet the qualifications, please contact Maryna at Maryna@altisrecruitment.com or apply here!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks