|Retail||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, November 2, 2021|
Altis Professional Services is actively looking to hire a Controller for a vibrant and busy organization in the Automotive industry located in Ottawa. The ideal candidate will possess or be working toward a CPA designation, and will have 5-7 years of progressive experience working in a senior finance and accounting function, with the most recent 2 years in a Controllership capacity. The individual will report to the VP of Finance and oversee 2 staff.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity, looking to start immediately, that offers excellent benefits package. and perks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in management team operational and tactical discussions. Make recommendations to improve systems, and processes
- Prepare monthly expense analysis, annual forecasts
- Manage the month-end and year-end financial reporting process, performance reporting, and annual forecasts
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Welch year end preparations
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts
- Filing monthly tax remittances - HST/QST/PST and WSIB
- manage accounting staff members and provide training as needed
- Evaluate and implements process improvement
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 to 7 years of related experience in a senior accounting role, with the most recent 2 years in a Controllership capacity
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant preferred
- Experience mentoring and supervising staff
- Previous experience working in a retail/commissioned environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be dynamic and adaptable
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +