IT Architect, Development & Middleware
|Energy & Utilities||Information Technology|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, September 29, 2021|
We are assisting our Utility and Energy sector client with the search of IT Architect, Development & Middleware to join their team on a permanent basis. This will be a remote opportunity to start with the expectation of returning to the office later on.
IT Architect, Development & Middleware is responsible for leading and promoting the enterprise architecture process within the organization including the creation of governing principles, policies, standards and procedures to guide solution decision making for the organization, and to lead the development of an implementation plan for the Enterprise Architecture program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design IT Asset Management model including life cycle and framework (aligned to corporate goals) that drive/improve IT system reliability, quality and timeliness of IT service, cost and/or safety
- Develop IT foundational technology strategy and system plans, including conducting technical research, trending analysis, specifications and the creation of white papers
- Create, maintain and enforce industry leading architectural standards, policies and procedures and gain approval from IT Senior Management/Executives
- Provide technical leadership for solution design architecture to support business cases and problem/incident management
- Lead technical Proof of Concepts for Development & Middleware technologies
- Define and lead the strategic roadmap for platforms within the responsible domains
Qualifications and Experience
- Five to ten (5-10) years of experience in IT Architecture in at least two IT disciplines (technical/solution architecture, enterprise integration, custom solutions/application development, information analysis, business strategic planning or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment
- Platform design, operational management and architecture experience with Enterprise-Grade Application Server/Middleware platforms (e.g. IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, SAP Netweaver)
- Solutions development, operational management and architecture experience in application integration methodologies (e.g. EAI, SOA, ETL) with commercial Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) /Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) platforms (e.g. IBM MessageBroker/Integration Bus/ App Connect Enterprise)
- Experience with creation of architectural standards, policies and procedures for Application Server/Middleware platforms, Commercial Enterprise Service Bus/Application Integration/ETL platforms, web platforms, custom code development
- Experience with planning and execution of system implementations for both operational initiatives and strategic projects related to Development and Middleware
- Experience with Application Server / Middleware
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) / Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Utility/Energy industry experience
- Experience with utilities specific operational systems (e.g. SCADA, ADMS, metering) is a plus
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks