Proposal Writer ~ Staffing Industry
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, April 25, 2022|
Altis/Excel internally seeks a talented Proposal Writer with 2+ years of proposal writing experience, to support their Federal Government staffing division.
Your main goal in this role will be to display the experience and abilities of our company in clear and effective responses to Requests for Proposals. This will occasionally require developing a strategy along with a bit of detective work, as you gain a clear understanding of each opportunity and work together with our team to develop a winning proposal.
This role will rely on your resourcefulness, your writing ability, your time management skills and your attention to detail. Each proposal will be its own project, with due dates and a deadlines for which you will be accountable. You need to be able to organize your time efficiently, as you manage multiple amendments on various bids simultaneously, and communicate to your respective colleagues
This position requires strong problem-solving abilities, as well as a commitment to Altis’ Standard of Excellence for proposals. It is important that as a member of our team you bring your “A-game” every day with a growth mindset, operating ethically and consultatively, while contributing to our Company Culture and to the community at large.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing websites to looks for new opportunities to bid on to drive business
- Gaining an understanding of each opportunity by thoroughly reading the RFP and flagging any concerns with questions to the client for clarification
- Developing compelling questions where the client understands in order to get a positive response
- Preparing a template for the proposal
- Using pre-written answers, developing a response by tailoring the answers to the specific question you are answering
- Identifying which questions require new responses
- Researching possible answers using a number of methods, including interviewing colleagues
- Writing the answer so that it reflects our company and is tailored to the question that the client is asking
- Developing a draft of the proposal for a quality review
- Writing an effective response to the RFP that is clear, concise and compliant with the requirements
- Performing a thorough Quality Assurance (QA) process to ensure the final proposal submission is in line with our established style and level of quality
- Submitting the proposal to ensure that all mandatory elements are sent to the client by the submission closing date
- Updating the proposal repository with pre-written answers to standard questions
- Other duties, including assisting other proposal teams in preparing responses to candidate-driven RFPs
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of proposal writing experience
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work proficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, managing multiple bids simultaneously
- Works effectively independently and a team player who can collaborate
- Previous experience from the recruitment industry or writing staffing related proposals considered a strong asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +