SQL Database Administrator
|8 month Contract|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Monday, November 1, 2021|
Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking for a SQL Database Administrator with Azure Data lakes and Power BI experience for a 8 month contract, to join their team. The client is located in Toronto but the position is remote to begin with.
Role Overview: To lead them into the new cloud (MS-Azure) environment as well as the training & development of current Information Technology (IT) staff who will assume the tasks in 2022/2023.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data engineering, design, and architecture, as well as reporting and analytics
- Design, build and operate on-prem and on-line database environments
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of Azure Data lakes and SQL Service
- Experience in the publication and maintenance of Power BI Applications that may or may not include RLS
- Develop T-SQL procedures, functions, triggers, jobs, scripts, etc.
- Manage master data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Knowledge of message queueing, stream processing, and data stores/warehouses
- Focus on data architecture, best practices, reliability, security, and compliance
- Provide architectural guidance to improve database and systems operations and integration
- Design and implement solutions for data monitoring, availability and reliability, performance, analytics, and security
- Manage indexes, statistics, query plans, alerts, database activity, and overall performance activity
- Strong advocate for documenting and communicating EQAO’s data models and data flows to increase data proficiency for agency’s environments
- Assure proactive monitoring, maintenance, and production support of a broad array of data transformation processes and database systems
- Troubleshooting reporting database environment and reports
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and administering SQL database systems
- 5+ years hands-on advanced experience designing and developing BI Solutions and providing technical expertise
- 5+ years of experience with ETL, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- 3+ years hands-on advanced experience using Power BI Premium
- Experience using Cloud architecture Azure SQLService
- Experience publishing Power BI applications -both Public and Internal
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks
One to two weeks