Senior Procurement Specialist - public sector
|Broader Public Sector||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, November 9, 2021|
Altis Professional is looking to hire a Senior Procurement Specialist for a 6 month contract for one of our public sector clients. There is a high potential for the contract to extend for minimum another 6-months+ with further extension based on work availability and performance. This is going to be remote to start with potential of working both remote and on-site (Downtown Toronto) after September 2021.
SCOPE OF WORK: Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Specialist role will be responsible for working with the business users (Clients) to manage the procurement process, from end-to-end in the acquisition of goods and services with the focus on Construction and Architectural Design Services procurement. The successful candidate will have previous team management/supervisory experience in a public sector procurement role, and will display strong project management expertise and a superior approach to relationship building and customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project manage the end-to-end procurement process
- Deliver exceptional customer service, guidance and consultation to Clients through all stages of the Procurement Cycle (including procurement policy, compliance requirements, procurement design options and another Procurement related questions)
- Identify areas of opportunity and risk and advise on solutions.
- Recommend process and tools for continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Provide training on procurement processes and policy as required.
- Manage the vendor relationships and supplier post performance evaluation process.
- Develop evaluation tools where results have significant impact and facilitate and participate in evaluation meetings and be responsible to score the pricing component
- Anticipate requirements; participate in annual and regular client and divisional business planning meetings.
- Facilitate procurement planning and collaborate across business units to successfully implement procurement strategies.
- Analyze, develop, negotiate and recommend supplier service agreements and blanket agreements, ensuring all appropriate terms and conditions have been included to protect the interests of the organization.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have previous experience in Public Sector or Broader Public Service procurement vehicles in areas including Municipality, Hospital, School Board, Provincial, Federal)
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a public procurement role
- Experience with Construction and/or Architectural Design procurement is an asset
- CMP or CPPB/CPPO designation is an asset
- Demonstrated skills to manage the complete RFP process
- Experience using SAP, Charwell software and MERX is preferred
- Knowledge of the various trade agreements and amendments to the Construction Lien Act
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of procurement and contracting principles and exercising good judgment in providing advice and guidance to business units
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) with proven experience in creating formal reports, memos and other relevant correspondence
- Experience in organizing large volumes of work; strong planning and coordinating skills to organize own priorities and workflow
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint
A comprehensive criminal check that usually takes 4 - 6 weeks to clear will commence before the successful candidate can start.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +