Senior Law Clerk - Hybrid, Downtown Toronto
|Legal||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, November 19, 2021|
Our client, firm in downtown Toronto, is seeking to hire a Senior Law Clerk to join their growing team. The ideal candidates will have 7-10+ years of experience in Insurance Defense and Litigation. This full-time, permanent opportunity comes with a competitive salary, vacation & benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working in a fast paced time sensitive environment;
- Managing and reviewing lawyers’ calendars regarding upcoming events;
- Correspondence to counsel: regarding productions; IMEs; motion dates, & undertakings;
- Correspondence to client: regarding updates on file; payments for productions/transcripts etc.; requesting documents when preparing AOD if necessary;
- Correspondence to experts/investigators (retainer letters): regarding IMEs, expert reports, surveillance;
- Correspondence to insured regarding productions; undertakings; advising of trial;
- Drafting AODs; Motion Records (drafting, service and filing); production of AOD; validation of service; enforcement of settlement; orders for Motions; confirmations of motions; cost outlines; Orders and Consents for dismissal; Full and Final Releases; undertaking charts; acknowledgement of expert duty forms; Offers to Settle; summaries of productions (as requested by lawyer); summaries of surveillance (as requested by lawyer); writs of seizure and sale; trial documents/briefs; summons to witness;
- Briefing of AODs; undertakings; client documents; medical briefs; expert briefs (damages/liability briefs);
- Scheduling of Motions, IMEs, surveillance;
- Conducting corporate searches; title searches; skip traces; social media searches.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of a post secondary education is required;
- 7-10+ years of experience in Insurance defense and litigation;
- Strong experience with servicing clients and managing multiple tasks;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Outlook, PC Law, ACL (Automated Civil Litigation), Primafact and Adobe Reader;
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +