Access to Information & Privacy (ATIP) Consultants
|Information Technology||Application and Software Development|
|English 100%, French 70%||Valid Secret Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, November 16, 2021|
Altis Recruitment is one of the leading suppliers of Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) professionals for the federal government. One of our clients is seeking multiple consultants with a minimum of (5) years public sector experience to review, analyze, and process a backlog of complex ATIP requests.
The ideal consultants are fluently bilingual.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promptly respond to various inquiries from ATIP requesters
- Determine the subject matter expert(s) to be consulted per ATIP request
- Conduct meetings to discuss sensitive or confidential issues within the office and/or department of interest
- Coordinate the gathering and review of all documents relating to ATIP requests in order to interpret and apply the ATIP legislation
- Redact various internal documents, video and/or photographs or provide recommendations on exemption/exclusion, as required by the Access to Information Act and/or the Privacy Act
- Interpret and provide thorough advice for complex issues with internal and external clients relating to the Access to Information Act and/or the Privacy Act
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA's)
- Experience analyzing documents and making recommendations on exclusion or disclosure
- Extensive knowledge of the Access to Information Act, the Privacy Act and relevant regulations
- Experience providing advice to senior management on complex ATIP issues and experience consulting with other departments or other levels of government
- Experience in preparation of the Access to Information Act and/or the Privacy Act Annual Reports and/or InfoSource
- Experience working with AccessPro Case Management, AccessPro Redaction or other comparable ATIP software
- (1-3) years of experience in analyzing and providing recommendations on privacy breaches
- Enrolment in or completion of a University of Alberta certificate in Information Access and Protection of Privacy (IAPP)
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: High School Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks