|Federal Government||Executive & Management|
|English 100%, French 80%||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, January 6, 2022|
Our client is looking for Financial Specialists with audit backgrounds to support their internal Project Leader by contributing timely and objective assurances in collaboration with their existing audit team. This is a contract opportunity until March 31 2022, with some opportunity for an extension past this.
The ideal candidate has an excellent understanding of Treasury Board policy, audit procedures and the Financial Administration Act (FAA). They can effectively communicate complex information to various individuals within a fast-paced environment. This consultant must clearly be able to demonstrate their use of sound judgment and thoroughness within previous audit roles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with management to review systems and operations
- Advise on accountability for projects against Treasury Board policy
- Perform complex financial activities and coordinate audit activities
- Identify how well risks are managed, including if the correct processes are in place
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a specialization in a discipline relevant to this role (such as commerce, business, public administration or economics)
- CSIA, CIA, CPA or CGAP certification
- Knowledge of audit procedures
- Professional experience in the public sector Financial Industry
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing tasks and priorities
- Experience communicating information to senior-level management (written and verbal briefings)
- A valid government security clearance (or be qualified to apply for one)
- Experience contributing to the development of audit plans or audit programs
- Bilingual in both official languages (French fluency at the intermediate level or greater)
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week