|Education||IT Leadership and Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Monday, September 12, 2022|
Our client, Emily Carr University is looking for a Director of Infrastructure for an exciting opportunity with one of the best organizations to work for in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director, Infrastructure is a key member of the IT Leadership team, leading projects at all levels of the organization, developing strategic plans to enhance infrastructure service delivery and managing the provision of technology infrastructure. The Director leads the infrastructure portfolio in developing and maintaining resilient, secure, and consistent services, including developing plans and managing Infrastructure architecture, data center operations, network management, security, database administration, device management and server (virtual and physical) management in both Microsoft and Linux environments. This Director provides leadership and direction to a team of technical specialists providing ongoing support, administration, and maintenance of infrastructure supporting the university community.
This is a fantastic opportunity, to learn more please reach out to the Altis team today.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from a recognized institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years progressive experience in the field of information technology including managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, vendor management and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in network management, systems integration, Cloud computing, storage, system administration, and SaaS, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience leading, motivating and supervising a team in a collaborative environment including experience supervising unionized staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills with the ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts.
- Excellent skills in infrastructure best practices, benchmarks, and standards.
- Strong judgment, initiative, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and managing complex project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to perform under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical audiences and facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to engage and motivate employees.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
One to two weeks