Human Resources Generalist - Hybrid (3 days)
|Non-Profit & Charities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, December 30, 2021|
Our client, a reputable non profit is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their growing organization on a permanent basis! This role is currently remote, and transitioning into a HYBRID model (3 days a week) with its office in Downtown Toronto.
In this unique role you will be responsible for HR functions including Payroll, as well as managing the Volunteer program. The successful candidate will have experience with the administration and improvement of HR programs and policies.
This is a great opportunity work for a great organization with great work/life balance, and has a competitive compensation package.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the administration of the Human Resources programs in compliance with relevant federal and provincial legislation
- Maintain and update the employee handbook and assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs
- Administer policies and programs to ensure that employees have a complete understanding of their entire benefit package
- Perform benefit administration such as enrolment and clarification with employees on details of group health and registered retirement plan
- Assist the Manager of HR in the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure compliance with Employment Standards, payroll related legislative policies and reporting requirements for the annual payroll cycle in a multi-jurisdiction environment
- Assist in biweekly payroll processing in accordance with established timelines by creating and maintaining accurate payroll data to ensure that file information is accurate
- Act as a primary staff resource for Volunteers/Subject Matter Experts and coordinates all Volunteer activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Detail oriented, with ability to problem solve
- Strategic, always looking to innovate and streamline processes and programs
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to communicate with various levels of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: ability to multi-task, and prioritize
- 5 years related experience with Human Resources
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Completion or currently enrolled in Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) program
- Working knowledge of employment law legislations, I.e.. Employment Standards Act
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources is preferred.
- Completion or currently enrolled in Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) program
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested, please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +